-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:44 PM

Don , I can empathize with you and whole heartedly fell grief for you and his family, I am saddened that many of the “ol timers” are leaving to be with Jesus far too often and we sometimes don’t truly show the honor and respect that they deserve It looks like this fella was well liked and appreciated, God’s blessings over hima and family
Old 02-04-2021, 10:25 AM

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for the family.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Forum Peruser

Default In Memoriam

And to bring closure, as I opened the weekly paper from home today, the first thing I noticed was an article about the Lewis County Commission renaming the airport in Paul’s name. So, very soon the charts will show 0M3 as “Paul A. Bridges Field” rather than “John A. Baker Field.” A fitting honor in my opinion, but I feel sure Paul in his humble manner would object.

I’m sure I’ll get emotional the first time I call Unicom with “Bridges Field Unicom” and won’t hear his voice in the reply.
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/ADS-B In and Out...and I like it!

?Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
Old 03-11-2021, 07:26 AM

I think we should all try to remember Paul and the positive affect he had on Don, and many others obviously, with a Gone West Toast, collectively, at 7pm on Friday (tomorrow). I’ll try to do this and try to take a picture with my glass held up to the west in memory of a lost aviator who was loved by many.
RV4/bought 2016/sold/2017
RV8/2018 built/Sold(sadly)
RV4/bought 2019 Flying
RV6/Used kit purchased 2021 building
Cincinnati, OH/KHAO
JAN2021
Old 03-11-2021, 08:37 AM

Don, I am sorry for your loss. The whole flying community is diminished by it.

Tomorrow I have been tapped as an alternate safety pilot for a friend who is doing his IFR currency flying - because he lost the man who always did it with him before. The man died recently from / with SARS-CoV2 antigen. It's sobering when this or any potentially deadly disease hits close to home.

Rocketman1988, I feel you as well... maybe we should start a support group for folks like us who wear out the delete key refraining from giving free medical advice to the crowd. It's a lonely burden to bear sometimes. That's all I'll say.

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A - N30YD - Built '98 / sold '20
RV-10 - N130YD - Phase 1 flying
Old 05-09-2021, 09:02 PM
Forum Peruser

Thumbs up Name change

In a recent ForeFlight update I noticed that 0M3 is now known as “Paul Bridges Field.” I am glad that it didn’t take very long to make the name change.

And in a bit of irony, this same county commission that changed th name almost did not approve airport improvement funds to match the state and FAA grants which had been allocated for runway re-paving, new lighting, etc. Last fall, Paul had to attend their meetings and explain the lost opportunity if they did not allocate their part of the funds. The airport is now NOTAMed closed until early June for the improvements.
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/ADS-B In and Out...and I like it!

?Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard