What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mogas in Arizona?

Gash

Well Known Member
Does anybody know where to buy mogas--non ethanol automobile fuel--in Arizona (preferably close to Phoenix)? I've been on the mogas search website, but the only places listed around Phoenix are stores that that sell Sunoco high octane ethanol-free race fuel by the barrel, but it comes out to $9/gallon. :eek: That's obviously not going to work. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Yes, that was the website I was referring to. Sorry I wasn't more specific. They just show a bunch of overpriced race fuel (in my area) that is technically ethanol free fuel. But in this case, one man's mogas is another man's super high octane drag race fuel mixed with dilithium crystals and sold at astronomically high boutique prices.

I'm wondering if anybody knows of mogas in Arizona for the common man.

I tested high test car gas this past summer in Massachusetts with no ethanol found. This may be a good alternative. :)

88 Oct

Hay Gash,
The two places I know of are here in Flagstaff and Page. Both from the same refinery/distribution I believe. We have pilots using the Carter Oil gas up here but it's only 88 octane.

I have verified that the Union 76, "Safari" station in Sedona has 91 Octane fuel, at one pump only, with no alcohol. They rent little four wheelers and I suspect they get the non alcohol fuel for the little engines. The owner also pumps it into his Bonanza...

cottonwood

I saw a sign at the fuel pumps in cottonwood, that a gas station had regular gas for sale, sorry cant remember any more details. But 100LL was $4.41!!!!
Cheapest I've seen in many years.

Back