What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Copperstate RV-10 nest 2015

woxofswa

Well Known Member
I am in the early throws for planning the ninth (and last) RV-10 Nest at Copperstate (AZ) 2015 Hopefully the tenth and last will be next year.

My land based RV will be there for the duration and serve as a crashpad for nesters with lots of shade, seating, cold drinks, etc. Tent campers are welcome to use my facilities as needed.

Carne Asada lunch will again be noonish on Saturday. The last couple of years we have had several vendors join us for lunch and that has been popular. Reps from Van's, Dynon, Advanced, Approach Stack and others have joined in and great conversations have ensued.

The hardest part of the whole thing for me is provision planning. Those planning on coming for lunch please let me know, and yes, friends and family who are not RV-10ers are welcome.

Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Myron
602 421-2868

They've all been the last. Hopefully the tenth and last will be next year, eleventh and last following, etc.

I plan to keep it going as long as people seem to enjoy it, I can't stand it anymore, or until someone else cares to take it over.

They've all been the last. Hopefully the tenth and last will be next year, eleventh and last following, etc.

I plan to keep it going as long as people seem to enjoy it, I can't stand it anymore, or until someone else cares to take it over.

Dont have an RV anything but will be driving down, always enjoy the wide selection of beautiful aircraft. You based out of FFZ ?

I deeply apologize, but planets got out of alignment and I am forced to make the agonizing decision to scrub bringing the land based RV and hosting of the nest and lunch this year. I have always enjoyed the experience and support but it just isn't coming together this year.
I hope to fly over in the rv10 and hang out on the Flightline at least part of the time.

I deeply apologize, but planets got out of alignment and I am forced to make the agonizing decision to scrub bringing the land based RV and hosting of the nest and lunch this year. I have always enjoyed the experience and support but it just isn't coming together this year.
I hope to fly over in the rv10 and hang out on the Flightline at least part of the time.

No deep apologies necessary Myron.
Your hospitality for the many years you have been doing it has always greatly appreciated.

I don't know any specifics. I've heard that the some of the Casa Grande folks are getting older and just don't want to deal with it anymore.

CZQ had its charm, but I'm very excited about the move. I think it will take the show to another level. The new guys want to at least give SnF a run for its money.

FFZ has tons of room.
More infrastructure.
A tower.
Better airline access.
More local community.
At least a couple of dozen show planes right on the field with CAF etc.
Much less dust and grit
Legendary Impala Bob's on site which can make for a great tie-in for a car show as well.
Great golf course next door for extended stay visitors.
A park and playground on site.

WE THINK WE HAVE THE WORLD's LARGEST COLLECTION OF FLYING RV10's AT SIX (in winter). :)

I'm sure I'll think of more.

I have no details either but...

We'll find out sooner or later from Copperstate. My observation as a volunteer in 2015 is that the City has become a restrictive hurdle. Not only are fees, permits and the like, sky rocketing, the city have added more and tighter hoops that They have now set on fire. An example is that ADOT removed all directional and parking signs from the main roads each night so attendees had a fit finding the correct entrance to the show. Granted it isn't hard to find CGZ but for non-pilots unfamiliar with the airport it was an inconvenience. I manned the volunteer entrance Sat and I saw and heard plenty of unhappy people when told they had to go to the other side of the property for parking. I'm sure Copperstate has had enough and found Mesa to be more cooperative.

Back