What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch Data Bar FLT (Flight Time)

supik

Well Known Member
Is there a way to display the pure Flight Time (from Take Off until Landing) versus the Block Time like it's displayed now on my Data Bar? Maybe I'm missing something..
The timer has been started during Take Off, so clearly the FLT shows 'block time' instead of 'flight time'..

thank you

Attachments

• 20230601_202411.jpg
    20230601_202411.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 73
Flight time

You can choose one of the following.

- Total Time is not recorded.
- Records Total Time when engine oil pressure is greater than 5 PSI.
- Records Total Time when aircraft is airborne as determined by GPS data
and the indicated airspeed.
- Records Total Time when RPM1 value indicates engine is running

Good luck

Attachments

• Flight time.pdf
    159.2 KB · Views: 83
That's not what I'm looking for. I want to see the actual flight time in the Data Bar displayed (counting from Take-Off)..

You can choose one of the following.

- Total Time is not recorded.
- Records Total Time when engine oil pressure is greater than 5 PSI.
- Records Total Time when aircraft is airborne as determined by GPS data
and the indicated airspeed.
- Records Total Time when RPM1 value indicates engine is running

Good luck

I’m hoping someone has the answer too.

Our club plane has a Garmin transponder that starts the time on takeoff and stops on landing…so at least we know Garmin understands some of us want that.

In the mean time, I start a manual timer when I line up on the runway.

Another question:

ETAD (Estimated Time at Destination) is currently displayed in local time. Can this be forced into UTC?

Is there a way to display the pure Flight Time (from Take Off until Landing) versus the Block Time like it's displayed now on my Data Bar? Maybe I'm missing something..
The timer has been started during Take Off, so clearly the FLT shows 'block time' instead of 'flight time'.

It may be because you have the Airframe Recording mode set to something other than Flight Time, eg RPM?

I have it set to flight time and the FLT TIME data bar field shows elapsed flight time from take off correctly.

Thanks for the tip Steve & Avanza,

I didn't know the flight time recording function was interconnected with the FLT indicated on the DATA BAR.

Mine is currently set to OIL PRESS.

I'll change this to the GPS option and see..

It may be because you have the Airframe Recording mode set to something other than Flight Time, eg RPM?

I have it set to flight time and the FLT TIME data bar field shows elapsed flight time from take off correctly.

Last edited:
I've changed the recorded Total Time to FLT (GPS time) and the displayed FLT time on the Data Bar works as requested now (from take off till landing).

Thank you!

Back