What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell Prop Overhaul - East Coast Propeller, Lititz, PA

pvalovich

Well Known Member
Can't say enough good things about these folks.

-8A IO-360 and Hartzell prop. 1250 hrs, and except for past two years hangared in the Mojave Desert at IYK, so wasn't overly concerned about corrosion and calendar-based overhaul. Two winters in Western PA (AFJ) forced me to explore overhaul options.

Discovered East Coast Propeller out of Lititz, PA, near Lancaster. $3500 overhaul charge plus $200 for pick up and delivery. They have a uniquely configured truck with prop attachment fittings. No packing and shipping - they showed up at the hanger on time for pick-up/delivery. Just mounted the prop to the truck and were off! Don't know how far from Lititz they go but the driver told me he was heading to Wisconson for a pickup next week.

Liz, their customer interface, was very knowledgeable and upfront about what she did or didn't know, and in the case of the latter, quickly found answers. Regular updates about progress and surprises (fortunately, I had none).

Overhauled prop is beautiful.

Back