What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pump

Iou

I'm New Here
After my carbureted 0-360 gets hot the fuel pressure gauge needle starts bouncing and the engine will start missing and stall. This happens when the rpm is around 15 hundred. When turning on the electric pump the gauge stabilizes and the rough running stops.I have replaced the engine mechanical pump with a new one. Any thoughts?

Pressure drop

Each 90 deg fitting in the fuel line creates a pressure drop.
See if you can replace some fittnings with tubing or hose.

Good luck

adjustments

You don't mention if you have a fuel flow indicator, if you do what is the flow rate when this occurs. I have an O-360 and I don't experience a hot fuel issue.

You mention this occurs at approximately 1500 RPM which suggests it happens during approach to landing. As a part of my before landing check I turn the fuel boost pump on primarily to ensure fuel flow for a go around.

You might check the fuel line routing. The line to my carburetor has to cross over an exhaust tube. I used a heat shield to reduce the radiant heat at that point.

https://store.vansaircraft.com/clamp-on-exhaust-heat-shield-ea-lv-1-heat-shield.html

Back