What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Lower Wheel Pant Fairing

JimRice

Well Known Member
Newbie here. Just bought RV-4. Apparently, the small lower wheel pant fairing/cover on the inside of my right wheel pant departed in parts unknown. I'm assuming it wasn't tightened following condition inspection which was done in conjunction with purchase.

Is this a part I can order or will I need to fabricate one. Below is a photo. Sorry for large size. Working from iPad. Excuse the stains. Grass was long and bugs bad.

image.jpg

Thanks,

Jim Rice
RV-4 N4WJ

Last edited:
I don't know the answer, but Van's will be open for business in about 20 minutes.

They might want to know your 'builder number' (kit serial number), so I'd have that available when you call.

Charlie

Telephone 503.678.6545

FAX 503.678.6560

Technical Support Hours:
Monday thru Friday 7:00-9:00 AM and 3:30-4:30 PM Pacific Time.

Those are the "old style" wheel pants (i.e. not the newer pressure recovery ones). The transition fairing from the wheel pant to the gear leg fairing is normally custom made by the builder (for this style of wheel pants). Therefore you probably need to build your own cover. The only possibility is to start from a entire wheel pant and cut out just that part. But this is probably an overkill, as it will still need a lot of custom work.

Not available from Van's. Looks like I'll be embarking on a fiberglass adventure. At least it is a small part. :)

Back