What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Conduit size for Skyview network cable?

Clouddancer

Well Known Member
I'm planning the installation of the Dynon Skyview ADAHRS in my RV-4, but have not bought the equipment yet. I have not found what diameter I will need for openings and/or conduits to run the ADAHRS network cable. Can anyone help me?

The connector is usually bigger than the cable, so find out if the connector on the cable something you can depin, and then reinstall?? or maybe the cable is shipped without the connector and it is installed later??

You may have to consider the connector going through the conduit.........

Might be a good idea to check with Dynon.

The cable is less than 3/8" diameter and if the longer cables are ordered from Dynon, they ship with one end done, the other end pins are crimped but the connector not installed. Thread the cable then install the pins into the connector. If installing dual ADAHRS and/or a rear mounted pitch servo, consider using Dynon hub in the rear. You also need to plan to run two 1/4" poly tubes from the Dynon pitot to the ADAHRS. A rear mounted autopilot servo will need power and ground wires for it.

As Dave says, the cable itself is pretty small. I just measured one and the maximum diameter I found was .26", and the average is more like .23"

As he also says, the cables over 3' in length come with one end with pins on it, but no connector, so you can run them through the plane. So you don't really need to take one apart or leave room for the connector when running it.

One thing i learned building my Dynon system was to buy the longest network cable so you can cut it up and make shorter ones by just adding the connectors. Saves a little cash as the network cables are pricey individually. The cable is pretty stiff so you will probably want to cut them to the right length anyway. Adding connectors is a breeze with the color coded wires.

Back