What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle/Mixture Cable Lengths

Mark Dickens

Well Known Member
Patron
I will be installing a IO-375 (horizontal induction) from Aerosport and would like to buy my throttle and mixture cables. Can anyone tell me the correct lengths? Thanks!

My cable lengths.

I have an IO360M1B and I used 60, 55 and 52.5 inches. For some reason Van's specs 60, 60 and 55 inch cables in their FWF package for the M1B. The other 60 is way too long. The 52.5 inch cable does not show up in the catalog, but is a stocked item at Van's.

I have an IO360M1B and I used 60, 55 and 52.5 inches. For some reason Van's specs 60, 60 and 55 inch cables in their FWF package for the M1B. The other 60 is way too long. The 52.5 inch cable does not show up in the catalog, but is a stocked item at Van's.

I will have a FP prop. Which of these measurements are for mixture and throttle?

Cable Lengths

I also have an AeroSport I0375 with Superior forward facing cold air induction & Hartzell rear mounted governor.

Got one 60" & two 55" cables with my firewall forward kit from Vans. Used the 60" for the throttle, returned the two 55" and replaced them with custom lengths - 52" for mixture & 46" for governor.

Here's a picture of how they came thru the firewall.

FirewallPenetrationsCopy_zps91cab584.jpg
[/URL]p://[/IMG]

cable lengths

Mine were in this order
60 throttle
55 mixture
52.5 Gov...

the lengths Dennis gave would have worked too. Mine were a bit long but managable.

ditto

Same as Berchmans. IO375 horizontal induction, Superior sump, rear mounted governor. I used Van's pre-drilled holes in the firewall for the penetrations.

J. Baker
RV8 FFwd

Back