What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need RV-8 ride for prospective RV buyer, N. FLA.

Brian Denk

Well Known Member
Anyone in the north Florida, Jacksonville area, willing to provide an RV8 demo ride to the possible future owner of my RV8? He's located at Cuyler field (pvt.), about 25 miles northwest of the greater JAX area. He's been in a -4 but needs to experience the -8. He can fly to meet you in his airplane a reasonable distance. My airplane is equipped w/ O-360 and fixed Sensenich, if any are down there configured as such.

Please let me know via email and I'll pass on to him.

Thanks for your kind consideration, folks.

Haha!

I think I may be the one responsible for this. I was at Cuyler Field last month in my -4 visiting a friend of mine when 2 guys walked over. At first I thought they were going to yell at me about my low pass down the runway, but they were just interested in looking at the airplane. A few minutes later I offered them both a ride, and after a brief (and I do mean brief) pause, they both accepted.

I plan on heading back up in April for the fly-in they are having. I would be happy to give him another ride in the -4 if he wants it.

HaHa indeed!

Gadzooks! It was YOU! :D Looks like you planted an RV grin on the guy that stuck. I asked him for the culprit behind his contacting me about my -8 but maybe he forgot your name. Probably still stunned by the experience.

We're bouncing emails back and forth and working out the details. He's pretty sure he wants the -8 but really needs to experience one in the flesh...or..aluminum skins as it were.

Thank you VERY much for your offer of a return engagement. I'll let him know.

Back