What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Why not now?

Harland E. [n.m. u.s.a.]

Well Known Member
I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to take advantage of the time and space I have while waiting for the wings to go ahead and SCOTCHBRIGHT my beautiful alclad tail section.My partner and I decided that we would paint our own plane after seeing the gorgeuos results of David Roe's -8 down at Santa Fe Airport that he painted himself in his hanger.I've got time now but wonder if there's a downside to having this prep work allready done.Santa Fe is usually very dry and mild but wonder if there's a possibility of corosion over the next couple of years hanging against my garage ceiling.Just thinking of ways to get ahead of the game.Any thoughts would be appreciated.Harland.

A friend painted his RV10 as he when along. Turned out great, and I think that I will do it that way next time. I don't think that I would prep the outside sink until you are ready to primer then paint.

Kent

Agreed. Don't start paint prep until you're ready to paint. Besides, the shiny alclad surface looks a lot nicer. It also will help protect against pigeon and moth poop. Been there, seen both! :D

Back