-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > West (and Southwest)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2022, 10:07 AM

Default Camarillo / Oxnard / Ventura - Looking for someone with an RV

Wife and I recently moved to this area, starting building an RV-8 kit a few years ago but were derailed by our son's medical complications (4x brain surgeries).

We are getting back into building as things have resolved but need to re-motivate the same feeling we had about it years ago. Hoping there might be someone out in this area who wouldn't mind let us looking around and maybe even take her for a flight (I fly for work), would cover gas + extra for mx, to see if it is something we want to continue doing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:17 AM

Default Happy to help

I'm sure somebody will respond soon and get you what you need.

If not, PM me and I'll fly over to CMA and give you and your wife a ride in my RV-6, OR you could come over to KWHP (near Burbank) where I fly out of and I can give rides AND show you my RV-8 project that I'm working on (structure in 95% complete). Always happy to reinfect someone with the RV bug

Let me know,

Laird
Old 05-04-2022, 11:00 AM

Tech Support, good to see you on this board. I will send you a text with POCs. send me your email address and I will add you to the SoCal RV group.
VAF 2022 paid VAF 704
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of Van's Aircraft.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:58 AM

My RV-10 is down right now for a prop overhaul, but we fly over to CMA on a regular basis so we could meet up (hopefully) next week or sometime after. PM if that might work.

-Marc
Plus extra donation for someone who didn't
Old 05-05-2022, 08:53 AM

Default Santa Paula Weighs In

Hey TechSupport, there are several RVs of various types at SZP. My wife and I keep an RV-6 there. Two Rockets and an RV-8 under construction. You and Mrs. TechSupport are welcome any time. And just so you know, SZP is a dog friendly place. Please get in touch by PM or email.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:52 PM

Thanks so much for the support everyone posting here and through private messages, great getting to know the locals and we definitely look forward to meeting others in the area!