What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

iPhone Panoramic Photos

mcattell

Well Known Member
It took me a little while to figure out that the new iPhone software upgrade included a panoramic photo mode. That thing works great. You take a photo similar to a video while moving the phone and it stiches it together as a photo. Below is a sample shot from yesterday. I started just outside of the prop arc and went all the way to the tail. Other than the canopy glare it turned out great. This photo was downgraded 50% to post but you can still zoom in to see the mountains in the Cascade Range.

Panoramic_zps61b29460.jpg

Great photo but sure is an interesting "swept" hershey bar wing you have in that photo. :D

Panaoramic Photo

While we're on the subject of Panoramic photos... I took this one a few weeks back while flying across Kansas going to St. Joe, MO. The phone is a Samsung G3.

Talk about your swept wing RV9A

20121211131607.jpg

Kansas looks the same in all directions. :eek:

Regards,

OK, so I have a brand new iPhone 4....anyone want to tell me how to do this? Or is it only with the 5?

Iphone 4S and 5

The 4 doesn't do it Paul. Just the newer 4S and 5 with the new IOS.

You have to select it in Options.

Photosynth... Free download and works on any I device.

Yup -I've been using that one Ernie - and will continue to do so, since my "new" phone is already "obsolete"...;)

Reminds me - I need to remember to give you a call and talk cameras - real cameras.... ;)

Paul - even with the "latest hardware" I still find the results from AutoStitch to be the best around. I also like that it can do it's magic after the fact so most of the time, I just click-click-click to get my pictures and 'generate' the panorama later. It will set you back $2 but that's not a bad deal in the grand scheme of things.

BTW: for 'real cameras', If you are in the Nikon camp, look for the new D600 (unless you are looking for medium format). It's what I'd be shooting with if I didn't have the older D700.

Back