What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh Demo Flight Availability

JDBoston

Well Known Member
I've been to Oshkosh a few times and stopped by the Vans booth.

This year I am more serious than ever on starting either a 9A or a 14 (probably 14).

Because of schedule I will only be at Oshkosh if I go this year, on the first Monday and perhaps Tuesday morning.

Does anyone know how available the demo flights are, and what the process is? I can arrive there on Sunday.

Demo

Every time I go to Osh for a day the demo flights seem to be booked, I still have not got a ride in one yet..... :(

Be early

Last year my friend and I got to the booth about 30 minutes after they opened on Day One, Monday. I struck out (RV-12) and my pal got a spot on the -14 list for Wednesday mid-morning.

The take-away for me is that you have to be there on the first day, waiting for them to open. Maybe then...

Ultimate test drive

Jeff you have to be there early Monday morning when Vans opens up their yellow and white striped tent. They start assigning slots then and they fill up fast. I tried for years but then I always attended at the end of the week.
Finally I had the chance to be there early Monday and there was no problem getting a slot. But be prepared, that free ride is going to cost you thousands. :eek:
It's going to pump you up so much you'll want to sell your soul for one of those little magic carpets. :D

Joe will probably jump in to confirm (or deny) but for the last few years, a couple slots have been being left open for each day, to give later arrivals a chance.
The first people standing in line each morning when the tent opens up, get first dibs for those slots.

Back