Home > VansAirForceForums

-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Iluke Iluke is offline
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hope Valley, Rhode Island
Posts: 170
Default Connecticut sales tax?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with the state of CT and their policy on a newly build RV? Mine soon to fly RV is hangered in CT and the state just sent me a bill for $90 for registration which I have no issue with. It says, though, for "new or recently transferred to CT" aircraft, I must provide proof of having paid CT sales tax.

Before I engage with the state authorities, I would appreciate hearing anyone's experiences with this.

Ivan Luke
Hope Valley, RI
Flying as of 9/13/21 (9 1/2 years!)
2021 dues paid
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:09 PM
AaronG AaronG is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 107

The state is looking to verify you paid sales tax on all the parts used to build the plane. For some of the parts you might have paid at the time of purchase, but for other parts such as the Vanís kits from out of state, you should have declared and paid it on your CT income tax for the year you purchased the kit. For me, I sent them a copy of my tax return showing I paid the taxes.

If you are a RI resident, just basing the plane in CT, I donít know the rules. You would need to contact CT registration and ask how this is handled.

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20 AM.

The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.