What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight following ADS-B Installation

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hi All

I'm in the process of installing ADS-B in my -4 and I have a question regarding the test flight that one has to do after the installation to verify that everything works with the FAA..

I'm a Canadian flying a registered Canadian aircraft so do I still need to do a compliance test flight in US Airspace and if Yes ( I assume I do).Can I enter a Canadian Registration with the FAA web site ( Will appreciate a link to this site if someone has it )??

So if there are Canadian RV owners here who have done that, I will appreciate your feedbacks.

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

ADS-B REPORT

Hi Glen

Thanks a lot for the info and the link to the FAA web site.

Regarding the identity of the a/c, where do we get the ICAO Hex,Octal & decimal ??

I fairly close to the US Border so I should be able to test it out to see if it works properly.

Thanks again

Bruno

It should have been given to you when you got your registration. It would have been needed to program the transponder. You can find it by going to Transport Canada mark search website and searching your registration.

ADS-B REPORT

Hi Glenn

''given to you when you got your registration''

I had a look and I didn't have it ( probably because I've owned the a/c for more than 20 years) but I found it following your direction so I should be good to do the set up once I get everything completed.

Thanks again, it is really appreciated.

Bruno

Hi Glenn

''given to you when you got your registration''

I had a look and I didn't have it ( probably because I've owned the a/c for more than 20 years) but I found it following your direction so I should be good to do the set up once I get everything completed.

Thanks again, it is really appreciated.

Bruno

Great, glad I could help.

Back