What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High Temp Silicone Vacuum Hose

DCBrown198

Patron
Need to plumb a Dynon MAP Sensor and two Elec Igns to the vacuum system. The Van's kit has a braided line which is fine, but I will need to transition to conventional vacuum tube for the Dynon and Ign ports.

Has anybody seen or tried using a high quality, high-temp rated silicone hose started from at an AN hose barb fitting at the engine cylinder?

An example of the hose type...
https://www.amazon.com/High-Performance-Silicone-Vacuum-Hose/dp/B008N0VTQI

David

Silicone Tubing 1/8" I.D. Works Fine for P/S and MAP

I have plumbed 5 RV's including my own with 1/8" ID silicone tubing for pitot static and MAP plumbing without any problems. I use the barbed fittings and tees and never had a leak or kinked tube, and it is quick to modify if needed. I used this setup on my Dynon HDX with an autopilot, ASI, XP, ADS-B, attitude indicator, MAP and barbed tee to 2 electronic ignitions. I highly recommend this type of setup. I purchased the tubing and fittings at McMaster-Carr. You can also get them at Graingers.

Last edited:
I have done this as well, transitioning from an AN4 hose from the engine to a AN4 bulkhead T. The bulkhead branch of the T that goes through the firewall to the cockpit, went to a barbed fitting connected to silicone (1/8?) hose for MAP. The other end of the bulkhead T - FWF - goes to my EI ignition advance, transitioning from -4 solid aluminum to the 1/8? silicone line supplied with my EI system. You can use one of those spring hose band clamps, but it? not really necessary. The 1/8? silicone hose fits on quite tightly.

Back