What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Shared Hangar??

7DeltaLima

Well Known Member
Group:

Anyone tried to share a T hangar with a RV?A and a RV10? I have a 7A and a 10 and looks like I'll be relocating. I've found a T-hangar that is 46.5 feet wide and just curious if anyone has tried to share a T-hangar when one of the planes is a -10?

Thanks,
Doug

I looked at it and determined it was a no go with an RV-6 and RV-10 combo. A guy on my field (RV-6 owner) was looking to share. I took measurements of the hangar and drew up a floor plan. Then I printed out scale drawings of both aircraft. I could get them to fit, but with just inches to spare between the aircraft and the hangar walls. I concluded that it would just be a matter of time before I either hit his plane or a wall trying to shoe horn the -10 in. Plus to get them to both fit would involve moving both planes everytime my -10 came in or out, so I decided to pass. I recommend trying to find a high wing to share with if that's what you're looking for.

Todd,

Do you remember what the dimensions were of the hangar that you were using as a base line?

Thanks,
Doug

BTW... ROLL TIDE :)

Doug,
I want to say 48' at the door, but not sure. I'm in Mexico right now but can see if I still have the measurements when I get back on Sunday.

Back