Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2021, 04:55 PM

What works for you?? I just assumed you were retired, but it says you're a Mil/Gov? You're a General commanding a Marine base?? So maybe you gotta work??
Just looking at the Weather. Out of the next 3 days, tomorrow looks the best. Supposed to be beastly hot by you.

Ok Ron, While I was typing this, I see Randy Hooper jumped in. He's right there in BNA by you. Being so close, he'd be your best bet.

Semper Fi

Last edited by donaziza : 07-28-2021 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:45 PM

Hey Ron,
I built and fly my RV8 from TN26, half way between Lebanon and Murfreesboro, probably an hour drive for you. Ex Navy, so I speak Marine Anytime you want to come bye, give me a shout.
Six 15 Five 8 Eight Eight 01 Two
Flying as of August 14, 2015
TN26
Old 07-28-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos151 View Post
Hey Ron,
I built and fly my RV8 from TN26, half way between Lebanon and Murfreesboro, probably an hour drive for you. Ex Navy, so I speak Marine Anytime you want to come bye, give me a shout.
Hey Karl, I know what a Hornet is, but what's a scooter??

Oh, Ok, I just looked it up. Its an A-4, same thing John McCain flew. (They didn't call them scooters in my day, but then my day was a million years ago.)

Last edited by donaziza : 07-28-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:45 PM

A4ís are commonly called Scooters by those who flew them. HeinemannĎs rocket is also a common name after the designer Ed Heinemann. I think it was the last airplane designed for the Navy that came in lighter and faster than what the Navy asked for. Got my fair share of time in the two seat J model and also the single seat A4E. Blast to fly!!
Flying as of August 14, 2015
TN26
Old 07-28-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Hooper View Post
Ron Iím in Nashville. Youíre welcome to come to BNA, see my plane and talk.
Randy,
I would love this. Whatever works for your schedule works for me. Happy to work out a time.

Ron
Old 07-28-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos151 View Post
Hey Ron,
Hi Navy! Nice to meet you Karl. Iíd love to see your RV! Iíll give a shout tomorrow and see what we might work out.

Ron
Old 07-29-2021, 08:39 PM

Deep appreciation to Karl for inviting me to talk to him today and see his gorgeous RV8!

Look forward to meeting and speaking with other 8 drivers out there and seeing your gorgeous RV8ís as well)

Ron
Old 07-30-2021, 07:23 PM

Default "Maybe" tomorrow--Saturday, July 31??

Hi Ron, I was surprised that you were still interested in seeing other 8's. Tomorrow is Saturday, July 31. Wx is supposed to be VFR. I can't promise yet (til tomorrow), but if you're interested, I'll fly up by you. Again, I wasn't a builder, just a buyer, so all I can promise you is a look/see and some flying.

If you're interested, shoot me your cell phone number to 404 550 2163. Probably be 3ish before I could get there---I'm not a morning person.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:42 AM

Ok, Ron, I see you're still not on line. I'm headed for the airport. And then to M91. (Its 11:35 right now,) You've got my phone number. If you're there, you're there. If not, then I'll just have a nice cross country. Only about an 1 + 20 flight. Wouldn't be able to talk to you in the air, but I think your phone number will text thru.. Probably about 3ish. (Are you central or Eastern time)--maybe 2 ish) Always stop for a Big Mac on the way to the airport. That holds me for the whole day.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:48 PM

Hey Ron, I see you never got my message. Just as well, about half way between Chatanooga and Nashville, it started to get awfully hazy. Not that I can't fly IFR, but the plane is not legal for it, ie, couldn't shoot an instrument approach. So I did a
U'ie and headed back home. Naturally, had to do a couple of rolls and loops first.