What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Contacting Vans builder's support

jlfernan

Well Known Member
Has anyone out there been having problems emailing Vans support? I'm the kind of person who hates bothering people with sometimes silly questions, which is why this forum is so helpful. Unless it's something urgent, I prefer to email Vans and let them get to it when they have an opportunity instead of bothering them on the phone. Vans has usually been very good, getting back to me normally the next day. Lately though, I have sent two seperate emails and have waited over a week, and nothing. I sent a third directly to Ken Scott hoping he could help me, and still nothing. The question involves something in the future, I'm just planning ahead, but any response would be nice. OK, I'm done complaining. Back to work.

Spam filter?

I thought the same thing last week. It seems Yahoo's spam filter decided to capture Van's reply.

Paige
RV-8A

Paige is spot on. I was getting irratated with Van's just ignoring me all the time. Then I went into my yahoo junk mail and found a bunch of Van's replys :)

I'm just finishing my wings and have emailed Van's about a dozen times. Never took longer than a day for a response. Given the state of most support sites (regardless of industry) these days, that is fantastic! Frankly, I'm not sure how they have time to do anything else (like building a RV-12)!

I sent one out Monday....same reasons, let them answer when they have time, I didn't need an answer right away...still no reply and nothing in my Spam folder either. I'll make the UGH!!! phone call in a few more days when my self esteem is in need of lowering ;)

Technical support from Vans

As we rapidly complete the slider canopy on our 9, I've sent several emails containing pictures and questions to Vans. Response may take a day but it's always qualified and always helpful. When I can't afford to wait for an email response, I dial and they quickly call up my email, look at the pictures, and respond on the spot.

Whereas the product orders I've placed with Vans are frequently incomplete, the technical support is top flight.

Having spent many years providing computer technical support I know that questions have to be clear and definitive if I expect someone else to answer them.

Back