What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Going to Oshkosh

RV6AussieNick

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

I'm finally making the long awaited journey from Brisbane Australia to Oshkosh, can anyone suggest some good accommodation venues not too far away from the airport.
Also if you have any other tips to maximise my trip as I'm sure there is so much to squeeze in while I'm there.

Cheers,

Nick.

[email protected]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Most of the close accommodations were booked last March. However, this time of year, there are some last minute cancelations. I just cancelled my room at the UofW dorm room.

You may want to mail the dorm and see if they have any space or can be put on the wait list. Be prepared housing costs double during the week.

You may also want to check out Craigslist for local houses/rooms available for rent.

There is always camping. There are several stores nearby where you can purchase camping equipment.

Last edited:
Dorm Rooms

The below was posted yesterday. The University of Wisconsin still has rooms available. Also with air-conditioning I got one yesterday.

Father's Day is just around the corner. Get dad the perfect gift and book him a trip to EAA AirVenture 2015. Stay on campus @ UWO by calling 920.424.3226 or emailing at [email protected].

WE HAVE BOTH A/C AND NON-A/C ROOMS AVAILABLE!!! ‪#‎osh15

Here's the EAA Airventure lodging page with links to Hotels, Private Homes and Dormitories:
http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/eaa-lodging

I've found that hotels are overpriced and private home renters can be quite spotty in responding to inquiries and keeping their ad up to date.

There are 2 modes of home rentals: By the room or by the whole home. Last year we stayed in a nice private home, though it was a bit weird sharing it with the owners (their ad said we'd get the whole house). But many owners will make themselves scarce and leave the home to you.

A couple of camping options too: Tent or RV. You can rent a camper from a nearby city. Haven't tried the camping option yet, but it's interesting because you'll be camping in an enormous field with thousands of other aviation minded folks.

I to be the bearer of bad news. Most of the close accommodations were booked last March. However, this time of year, there are some last minute cancelations. I just cancelled my room at the UofW dorm room.

You may want to mail the dorm and see if they have any space or can be put on the wait list. Be prepared housing costs double during the week.

You may also want to check out Craigslist for local houses/rooms available for rent.

There is always camping. There are several stores nearby where you can purchase camping equipment.
Bob,

Canceling plans to be at OSH or different arrangements?

Bob

Thanks for all your suggestions, I have started contacting the possible accommodation providers.

Looking forward to the trip and the whole experience.

Cheers,

Nick.

Call Steve Ashby @ 404-310-5128

We have a spot for foreign RV builders at the EAA690 house.

Tell him John Morgan sent you.

John Morgan

Back