What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pressure indicator pegged

I tried to fly my RV 7A yesterday, but after run-up, the fuel psi gauge on my Dynon EMS-120 read 57.2. I tried leaning, full power, idle, mags on-off; gauge still pegged. I?m not a mechanic, A/P or the unit?s installer. I would welcome any advice, but please dumb it way down.

Are you sure you have the correct range sensor installed for your Dynon and have you gone into the setup menu and selected the correct sensor? And check your grounds on your sensor.

Ron, I have not explored sensor menu items, but the plane has been flown for hundreds of hours with this EMS unit always indicating expected value of 30psi.

fuel pressure high

Hi there, Is the reading pegged out with engine and fuel pump not running? If so, you probably have a sensor or wiring problem. Their are other checks you can do to determine the problem but they require that you know a little about the electrical operation of your setup.

Last edited:
assuming it is a VDO sensor (the kavlico's weren't available when the 120 was being sold), the most likely reason is a failed sensor. They often don't make it anywhere near TBO and usually fail by reading high.

Larry

Had the same problem at first engine start. Used an analog gauge to verify the pressure was correct. Reconnected the fuel pressure sender and it worked perfectly.

30 hours and no recurrence. Perhaps it just needed to be exercised.

But - they do go bad. May be time to buy the new replacement sender from Dynon.

Carl

483-E436-C-2-DB5-4832-AE15-5992-A390-E0-CC.jpg

Thanks all, especially Martin and Lewis. My CFI likes to say ?VFR, IFR, there is much such thing as a minor fuel problem.?

The sender is definitely going to be my first check; almost everything points to it.

Back