What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NAPA fuel pump

Dave12

Well Known Member
I recall a year or two ago someone had a electric fuel problem and was able to cross reference a Napa pump. Does anyone know that Napa part number?

The Facet part number 40105 is used in the RV-12.
Aircraft Spruce sells it for $40.
Pegasus sells it for $49.
NAPA sells a similar pump for $72, part number BK 6102001 which is Facet part number 40288 which has a built-in check valve. Check valves will drop pressure, not a big deal unless the electric pump fails. A pressure drop could increase the chances of vapor lock.
I have never read a post about the electric pump in an RV-12 failing permanently. A few electric pumps have quit working, probably from a foreign object. But a good rap with a screwdriver handle got them working again with no more problems.

Thanks Joe. The only one I have seen fail on a 12 was repaired with a tap of a hammer handle. It did eventually fail completely. Just thinking about having a spare. The

I bought mine at Napa when the original failed on a cross country. IIRC, it is off a 2000 Nissan pickup. I looked it over and it was identical in every way to the one I took out. It's not as cheap as vans but I needed it now, not in a couple of days.

I put mine on a switch and only run it on takeoff, landing and (hopefully never) on failure of the mechanical pump. I hope that means it will last to TBO.

Back