What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I don't know the answer but these units are pretty easy to open up and inspect. In fact, Klaus' manual says
Accessory Case driven Hall Effect Module systems:
Remove the Hall Effect Sensor Module cover plate and inspect for oil leakage and bearing wear. There should be no radial play of the shaft when moving the rotor.

If you do a little searching here, you will read that folks have had a problem in the past with oil leakage into the units. Occasionally, there is a broken rotating arm so it is not a foolproof unit.

That reminds me that I am overdue to look into mine. I have crank triggers and the mag hole unit but I think two crank triggers are probably more reliable and fairly maintenance-free when set up correctly

I have crank triggers and the mag hole unit but I think two crank triggers are probably more reliable and fairly maintenance-free when set up correctly

I have over 5,500 aggregate hours on LSE ignitions in several planes, and strongly recommend people use either the standard crank trigger or the newer mini-sensor. Great system, love it...but I am not the only one who's had issues with the mag hole Hall effect device :D

Back