What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

$2000 TruTrak Discount, GXPilot

SteinAir

Well Known Member
Along with the Garmin rebate on the G3X EFIS system, TruTrak is offering an additional $2,000 rebate on the GX Pilot autopilot when purchased at the same time from the same dealer! Pretty good deal that I thought I'd pass along. Same timframe as the G3X rebate and you have to purchase a new G3X to qualify.

Cheers,
Stein

That's a heck of a lot of savings....I personally couldn't see spending the money on a G3X without getting the autopilot that goes with it, so if you're getting both, that and the Garmin rebate is a BIG chunk of change....

This looks like a screaming deal. Stein would this rebate put it on par price wise with a comparable Skyview setup?

This looks like a screaming deal. Stein would this rebate put it on par price wise with a comparable Skyview setup?

Thats a tough one to answer because it's sorta apples and oranges...So the answer could be yes and it could be no. Things like xm weather, screen size, installaion, etc.. arent equal at this time. It really depends on how you spec each system out. I could probably make a case for either system depending on hown they are configured, budget, etc...

Sorry I don't have a simple answer for your question but it's kind of a moving target!

Cheers,
Stein

GDU 370/375, auto pilot, VPX, SL30 and the new PS comm/audio panel combo

VS

Dual skyview with the same setup?

Closest capability/equipment combo I can come up with and what would meet my initial capability/cost goals.

Upgrade to a 430W in the future. I say 370 and 375 because it seems like you really only need the XM to display on one plus save some money. Another upgrade (XMWX) down the road.

Stein, emailed you for a quote prior to the Sun N Fun disaster, seriously considering pulling the trigger on the panel now instead of waiting. So understand if you've got your hands full!

Rebate question

Along with the Garmin rebate on the G3X EFIS system, TruTrak is offering an additional $2,000 rebate on the GX Pilot autopilot when purchased at the same time from the same dealer! Pretty good deal that I thought I'd pass along. Same timframe as the G3X rebate and you have to purchase a new G3X to qualify.

Cheers,
Stein

I'm thrilled about this rebate but I've searched the TruTrak website, the Garmin website and Stein's website but I can't find any evidence to support this. I have found the rebate form on the Garmin website for the G3X but nothing regarding the GX Pilot. Is this something that has to be done through Trutrak, Garmin or the avionics dealer?

Bill Near

I'm thrilled about this rebate but I've searched the TruTrak website, the Garmin website and Stein's website but I can't find any evidence to support this. I have found the rebate form on the Garmin website for the G3X but nothing regarding the GX Pilot. Is this something that has to be done through Trutrak, Garmin or the avionics dealer?

Bill Near

From the pressrelease:

Garmin is now offering rebates of up to $3,000 on G3X single and dual screen system purchases made between March 28 and April 29, 2011. TruTrak is offering a $2,000 rebate on their GX Pilot flight control system with new purchases of G3X systems during the same time period.

http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2011/03/...rs-for-the-g3x-e.html?activeBranchId=newsroom

So how much is a G3X 'standard' setup going to cost actually? Just curious..
Edit; price already covered in previous thread: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=446755

Last edited:
I took advantage of this rebate last week with Stein. As he explained it, I believe it is through your avionics dealer. You must purchase the G3X system along with the GX pilot, but the rebate is not really a rebate as the G3X is. It is an emmediate discount given to you by the dealer.
So, you send in the serial numbers of your newly purchased G3X system to Garmin and Garmin sends you a check. The avionics dealer just gives you the discount up front for the autopilot. The price is $5200 minus $2000 discount. The starting price point of $5200 is not negotiable.
Give Stein a call.

I took advantage of this rebate last week with Stein. As he explained it, I believe it is through your avionics dealer. You must purchase the G3X system along with the GX pilot, but the rebate is not really a rebate as the G3X is. It is an emmediate discount given to you by the dealer.
So, you send in the serial numbers of your newly purchased G3X system to Garmin and Garmin sends you a check. The avionics dealer just gives you the discount up front for the autopilot. The price is $5200 minus $2000 discount. The starting price point of $5200 is not negotiable.
Give Stein a call.

All correct here!

Lucas,
Is this a one time deal? My SOLE reason for not pulling the trigger on this entire setup (after great internal conflict) is that I'm a decent ways out from dropping the panel into my 7. The whole setup would just sit in storage for a year or more. After lengthy discussion with Stein, I figured about Sun N Fun next year I'll be ready for not only the panel, but engine too... try and get in on next years discounts, if there will be any.

Lucas,
Is this a one time deal? My SOLE reason for not pulling the trigger on this entire setup (after great internal conflict) is that I'm a decent ways out from dropping the panel into my 7. The whole setup would just sit in storage for a year or more. After lengthy discussion with Stein, I figured about Sun N Fun next year I'll be ready for not only the panel, but engine too... try and get in on next years discounts, if there will be any.

I really can't say, not due to some confidentiality or anything, but simply because I don't know. I do know that this discount will end at the end of April this year.

I understand your hesitation and normally I would completely agree with you in that you should wait until you're much closer before purchasing avionics.

I really can't say, not due to some confidentiality or anything, but simply because I don't know. I do know that this discount will end at the end of April this year.

I understand your hesitation and normally I would completely agree with you in that you should wait until you're much closer before purchasing avionics.

So you're saying you don't now? I should buy??? Don't toy with my emotions!!!!

I just wish all the manufacturers would stop playing these games with the prices and offer good average pricing year round instead of these rebates and such a few months out of the year!!!

To me these gimicks only give a person like me the impression that the rest of the year they are just ripping people off!

Pick a profit margin target and stick with it I say...

Wishfull thinking I guess....

Last edited:
I just wish all the manufacturers would stop playing these games with the prices and offer good average pricing year round instead of these rebates and such a few months out of the year!!!

To me these gimicks only give a person like me the impression that the rest of the year they are just ripping people off!

Pick a proffit margin target and stick with it I say...

Wishfull thinking I guess....

It's capitalism in action, be thankful for it!!! Although yeah it gets kind of frustrating sometimes. Same with anything you but that has rebates, cars, appliances, whatever.

So you're saying you don't now? I should buy??? Don't toy with my emotions!!!!

:D I do completely understand. If you want to be guaranteed a $5,000 discount/rebate (assuming a two screen system) on the G3X and GX Pilot, now is the time.

Rebates

Back in November 2009, I bought a Garmin 696 for $3295 and got the $300 rebate. In January 2010, the price came down to $2995 permanently. Now I think I want to upgrade to the G3X with GX Pilot ( My -7A has VFR steam gauges) but I was just not in a position to do so last December when the $3500 rebate became available for the 375/370 combo. My hope was that the rebate would either return or be a permanent price reduction. At this point in time, it appears waiting was a great idea (call it serendipitous) since now it is possible to get up to $5000 rather than $3500. Garmin's past performance tends toward this end. Who knows how this will shake out but it's still a great deal.

Bill Near

Back