What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight RV-8

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Hi,

proud to announce my first flight that took place yesterday morning at my airport LIDT in northern Italy. I flew my RV-8 (82317) I-LUKE for 15 minutes over the airport at 3000 feet doing a clean stall. All the numbers was right and she flies hands off. That's the airplane that I wanted ! An incredible experience that gave me an irresistible euphoria that I can't control. Maybe RV GRIN ?

you can find some photos here : http://www.rv8.it/firstflight/index.html

and the video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZOeyudUWs

In this beautiful community I found a lot of friends that are part of my project with helps, ideas and advices. I had the privilege to meet some of them at Oshkosh in 2006 and 2009 or in my home like my friend Mike Elliot and John Saunders. You're all great but I would like to give special thanks to Mike Elliot, Paul Dye, Mel Asberry, Pierre Smith, Bill Repucci, Kevin Horton, Vern Little, Mike Starkey, Brantel, Rick Galati, Gil Alexander and Chris Pratt.

Starting phase one !

Last edited:
Congratulations Luke! It's been fun following your build, now enjoy Phase 1 and learn all you can about your special aircraft.

Paul

Yeah, Luke, what Bill said! :D

Congratulations and may you have many more RV grins!

Congratulations

Great accomplishment & beautiful airplane. What a joy it will be to fly in your locale.

LarryT

hi luca!

congratulations!
now the race is on who gets all the permits first for a visit in the neighbouring country ;-)

had awesome 3rd and 4th flights today ourselves! take it one after the other and enjoy every minute of it. and remember to grin! ;-)

cu bernie

Super

Congratulations on the first flight. I sure hope I am not far behind. Thank you for all of your help and the hospitality you and your family showed me last summer.

Remember it is not a real flight unless you are upside down at least once.

Ciao
Mike

Back