Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001001 View Post
It doesn't really clear up the process for people still in the build process but who have the original parts. It would be good if this were published on the RV-10 "Service Information and Revisions" page with drawings and procedures, which as of right now, it is not.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/service...sort=undefined

Don't take this as an attempt to beat on Van's Aircraft--it's not, but I'd think they'd at least put it up on their official web site before announcing it here.
Email support and ask for the instructions for SL-00033 or send me a PM and I'll email it to you. I'm not sure why they haven't posted it yet. You should have received an email from them outlining what's happening and the costs involved. It's a lot of work and will run you a bit over $1k in parts to switch the weldments over and it includes enlarging holes the front center section in a few places (or you can send it to Van's and have them do the rework for a fee).

Van's is very clear on not performing the work on completed aircraft unless cracks are found. You're in a bit of a limbo state where you could elect to continue or do the change.

The gist is the weldments get replaced with new ones that remove the "foot" that extends out to the side skins. And that has all sorts of cascading effects on parts that no longer need holes in them and other parts that need new holes or enlarged holes.