What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I DID IT !!

Balou

I'm New Here
After more than 15 years of wanting a homebuilt I finally ordered a tail kit today ! Planning on an RV-7A slider ! I dont know whether to jump for joy or throw-up !

Anyway very exciting in my little world and I just had to share !!

Happy Holidays everyone-Balou:D

Hey, man, we've all been there and can appreciate your excitement.

Good luck with the project and stay with it, even if its just reading one page in the manual.

Congratulations on that first step. You'll be surprised at how fast time passes when you finally get it flying. It took me 2 years & 4 months from starting the tail kit to first flight. There will be times when it seems like it'll never end, but if you think about it, ~3 years isn't all that much!

Enjoy!

15 years...

After more than 15 years of wanting a homebuilt I finally ordered a tail kit today ! Planning on an RV-7A slider ! I dont know whether to jump for joy or throw-up !

Anyway very exciting in my little world and I just had to share !!

Happy Holidays everyone-Balou:D

Sweet!!! Perfect choice... perfect plane.

Focus, work on it daily for a bit and in a couple of years your dream will be a reality. :)

I know that excitement very well

I was days away from ordering a kit when I found a tail and wing kit locally. That was four months ago and I'm still chugging along.

"JUMP ON IN... THE WATER'S FINE."

If you havn't set up shop... your tables are here http://www.eaa1000.av.org/technicl/worktabl/tablefig.htm

If you'd like a tutorial on riveting... here's some good advice found here on VAF that I've used http://www.vansairforce.net/articles/NotesOnRiveting/NotesOnRiveting.htm

Also check out some of the EAA videos under the multimedia tab on eaa.org

happy building!

Thanks eveyone !! I dont think I have been this excited since the first day at A&P school. I cant believe that finally I will be working on MY AIRPLANE !
Glad to be part of the VANS AIRFORCE :D

congrats

After you stop jumping for joy and or puking give me a call.

505-803-2269

Welcome...

...and always remember....it gets built one-piece-at-a-time:) Build an elevator today, a flap tomorrow and so on. Pretty soon there will be no parts left on the shelf and suddenly it's a for real airplane:eek:

Best,

Congratulations!

Jump for joy now, you can puke when you get to the canopy :D

A great first step! Many steps to follow.....just take them one at a time.

Congrats, man!!!! You've begun a journey for which there is no match.

And BTW, I can corroborate the canopy-puking relationship. :mad:

Hey Guy great video and website ! Very cool - I like the wing in the living room with the microbrew on top of it :D It looks like you had alot of fun building it !

Back