What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to buy the kit

Josh Lilja

I'm New Here
Hey guys, First post here.

A buddy and me are highly considering building a -10. We are obviously looking for the lowest price. So I am wondering where you all got your kits. Did you order directly from Van's? Or did you order from another source? Is it even possible to order from another source?

Thanks for the help guys!

- Josh -

Buy it from Van's

Hey guys, First post here.

A buddy and me are highly considering building a -10. We are obviously looking for the lowest price. So I am wondering where you all got your kits. Did you order directly from Van's? Or did you order from another source? Is it even possible to order from another source?

Thanks for the help guys!

- Josh -

Josh, these kits are made-to-order at Van's. That's really the only place to get them, unless you buy a partially-completed one from someone that is not finishing their build.
Sounds like you are in the infant stages of considering a project. My advice is to lurk around this website (a lot) and be sure to go meet some builders as you decide whether it's right for you.

Good luck!

Also look for unstaryed kits. They are few and far between but they are out there and many times much cheaper than from the factory.
-David

Welcome, Josh

....to this great site.

These are very good economic times for buyers, and sellers are hard pressed to even recover parts costs of many RV's, -10's included, the reason I bought mine....I couldn't build it for what I paid. Just another point of consideration. Visit www.vansaircraft.com and use their cost estimator to get a feel for the amount of investment you're looking at and compare that to selling prices here and <elsewhere>.

Best,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back