What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whose RV-10 was at RDG today?

IFlySlow

Saw a lovely -10 on approach to KRDG just now passing over my office. Blue on top, light color (gray? silver? white?) on the bottom.

PS - Why do my friends look at me weird when I stop what I'm doing and call out, "RV!" while looking up?

At least you are close to an airport. 26 nm for me. Most planes are flying so high(like me over hilly NE KY terrain) that I can barely tell high wing from low wing. I still run outside. The wife and kids occasionally do depending on how much noise the plane or I am making.

At least you are close to an airport. 26 nm for me. Most planes are flying so high(like me over hilly NE KY terrain) that I can barely tell high wing from low wing. I still run outside. The wife and kids occasionally do depending on how much noise the plane or I am making.

I guess I'm fortunate. My office is on the other side of the fence by the runway at one airport, then after work, I drive forty minutes to another airport to work on the RV. I'm seeing airplanes in my sleep these days. :eek:

Yeah, My gaze always goes up when I hear any plane overhead...

Sadly, haven't been doing any looking down FROM one in too long. Although I've retained the technical ABILITY to fly, circumstances have kept me from doing any ACTUAL flying for far too long. So instead I keep the dream alive by spending time on VAF, visiting my favorite local airports as time permits, and generally keeping the dream alive until I can buy or build my own RV (and yeah, although I've considered other kits, I always come back to Van's designs as my ultimate goal). All of that said, being close to an airport and unable to afford the hobby can be both inspirational and depressing, depending on the day!

Sure do appreciate the dedication and perseverance of all you builders and the adventures of those who are living the dream already!

I bet there are some RV guys nearby to help keep the dream alive for you. Even one flight/year is sometimes enough to keep you motivated. Good luck with your future RV plans. Working now is much more rewarding knowing we are saving up for some more 100LL.

If you cannot get a ride local, PM your contact info, as we plan on heading up to AXQ then over to Philadelphia area sometime in the near future to visit new and old friends.

Back