What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

infrared camera

fabio

Is there any small infrared camera to install on the bottom of the fuselage to connect with G3X?

GRT used to sell a FLIR camera packaged in a carbon fiber mount that fit under the wing - I still carry one on my RV-8. Not sure if they can still supply them, or what you’d need to interface it with the G3X - but it worked the way it was supposed to.

Attachments

• 71963C4B-71BB-4D01-B504-89B5166A9516.jpeg
    71963C4B-71BB-4D01-B504-89B5166A9516.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 426
Larry, do people often stand around at your airport with lamp shades on their heads? Just curious.

At one point I was going to try to become a dealer but that kinda fell thru, didn't seem to be much interest on their part.
Anyway 2020/2021 price was listed at X-1 $6650 and the HR at $18,750

At one point I was going to try to become a dealer but that kinda fell thru, didn't seem to be much interest on their part.
Anyway 2020/2021 price was listed at X-1 $6650 and the HR at $18,750

Thank you, Walt.

My son has a very nice drone that has a multi-axis gimble camera that shoots 45MP photos and 4K video. Given the drone was under $1000, the camera is worth much less than that. And the camera is pretty small. Mounting that kind of camera on the underside of an access panel shouldn't be too hard, and wouldn't cause much drag. A wireless camera to an iPad would be simple to operate / view / connect. While a $10,000 FLIR sounds cool, I'm not trying to drop Paveways on Russian tanks. I just want to be able to see down or track objects on the ground, as may be necessary.

Any suggestions for something simple and wireless that may work well?

Last edited:
Aftermarket Car Backup Camera

I would look in the aftermarket car backup camera area for a wireless type solution. The G3x Touch can take in several different formats, so I would think you could find something that works with it.

Back