What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aluminum vents from Affordable Panels

trib

Well Known Member
Just in case anyone is interested, I just replaced my standard issue plastic van's eyeball vents in my 6A with AP's black aluminum vents (with plastic body) and they work great! Got tired of putting duct tape over them to stop (or slow) the leaks in cold air. I test the AP vents with water first and they did not leak. After installation and flying at 9500' with sub 20 degree temps I can attest that they have an excellent seal. The difference in the cockpit was significant. A great feature is that they are identical in mounting so it literally took me ten minutes to remove and replace my existing vans vents. The opening is larger so when the temps are warmer there is also more flow of air in, but the flow can be throttled to any amount you want. They also work like real airline vents where you turn the lip to adjust the opening instead of just pressing the disc with your finger.

I hated paying $245 for these two little parts, but they are the best priced ones out there. I'm very satisfied and thought I'd give a little feedback in case anyone was deciding which to use.

Back