What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Auto Pilot Servo Bracket Part number?

jchang10

Well Known Member
Does anyone know what the part number is for the AutoPilot servo bracket? It came with my kit #40533 some time ago. However, I may need to order another one and am trying to get a price for it. I can't find it listed anywhere though.

Finally, I am converting from Trutrak servos to the Dynon servos. Can anyone confirm that the Dynon pitch servo works fine with Van's bracket? Apparently, there is a slight difference between the Trutrak vs Van's bracket.

Thanks,
Jae

Servo brackets come from your servo vendor. At one time Van's provided TruTrak brackets, but they haven't for quite some time.

The Dynon Skyview servos I ordered for my -10 came with the mounting brackets and hardware. They were a simple bolt in installation.

I Have an Extra

I bought the Tru Track pitch bracket part # VA-184A some time ago here in this site. Ended up getting another one in my kit. I believe I paid $40 plus shipping. If you are interested I'll dig it out and ship it to you for $50. This bracket did not come with linkages. I bought linkages from Avery but have not yet installed them.

Ok, i think i got everything straight then.

All servo mounting brackets come with the servos, which would be ideal and seems to be the case.

At one time, Vans had sent servo brackets but stopped sending them shortly thereafter.

Thank you, I think I am squared away now.

I actually ended up converting the unused VA-184 servo bracket that came from Van's, into my ADAHRS mount, which worked out pretty well. However, I will be ordering the Dynon mounting kit anyway, which should be coming with a new bracket.

Jae

Yep, you've got it.

I'm using Aerotronics for my panel and when I ordered the servos I asked them to send the RV-10 mounts too. The mounts are no longer in Van's price book.

Phil

Back