What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder / Tailwheel chain clip replacement

I have been using these from Home Depot:

30ljno7.jpg

Regardless of what you use, you will eventually elongate the hole in the rudder horn.

To solve this problem, I used eye bolts and shackles

Go to the 5/27/2007 entry on the fuselage page of my website for a list of hardware.

Securing chain clips

If you use those clips, securing the ends of the clips with safety wire will prevent one from spreading enough to release the chain.

Thanks Sam
Just learned this tip last week while in Oregon flying the factory 7. Look past the mud and you can see the safety wire.

IMG_1716_zpsw1y9kfmk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rocket steering link

Forget the chain hook up.

Get a Rocket steering link from Wayne Hadath.

You won't regret it.

Carr

Steering Link Source

Forget the chain hook up.

Get a Rocket steering link from Wayne Hadath.

You won't regret it.

Carr

Hello all! If you want to know more about the Steering Link, you can find them here.

We get these from Wayne and we've got them in stock now.

Thanks!

Hello all! If you want to know more about the Steering Link, you can find them here.

We get these from Wayne and we've got them in stock now.

Thanks!

Offering any SNF discounts this week?
I have your tailwheel assembly & am very happy with it. I've been eyeing the steering link but may need a little nudge. :)

If you use the Home Depot links, be sure to Loctite the threads to prevent them from vibrating open.

I did aquire a set of "other aero" big box store bought links. I attempted to drill a cotter pin hole, but they are very hard and broke my bit. I will make another attempt today. It looks promising

Back