What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Egine Start (2nd time)....

Jeff Vaughan

Well Known Member
First Engine Start (2nd time).... ..well sort of. Just replaced all four ECI cylinders (recent AD) and after one and a half months I could not wait to breath life back into my plane. Started right up, ran it for four minutes. All systems go. After checking for leaks I was ready to go but had to delay a day because my flaps would not raise. Last night I cleaned the armature and brushes per Van's instructions, reinstalled the flap motor this am. A short taxi, a thorough run up and I was in the air again. The out side temp was 32 degrees. I circled the airport at 3500 feet for one hour. It was a bit bumpy but I was back in the air wearing my RV grin again. Ran the engine at 75% power (2600 rpm) All cylinder temps were within 7 degrees. (315 - 322) My second engine start was better than the first because I knew what flying fun I had been missing and I was very anxious to get back into the air.

Last edited:
My Cylinders were B class. I had to return my cylinders to ECI at my cost. ECI sent to me 4 new complete cylinder assemblies, pistons, rings, valves gaskets etc. Bill from ECI $485.00

Back