What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any specials at OSHKOSH on Lycoming Exp Engines?

I heard that Lycoming do some special deals :):):) on engines over the Oshkosh week and normally through to month end. This is in addition to the $1000 deal you get from Vans if you buy a new prop and engine at same time. Does anyone know if this is the case this year and what the deal is?

Paul

I heard that Lycoming do some special deals :):):) on engines over the Oshkosh week and normally through to month end. This is in addition to the $1000 deal you get from Vans if you buy a new prop and engine at same time. Does anyone know if this is the case this year and what the deal is?

Paul

There usually is a small price break, as well as free shipping and long term storage prep.

The ad slicks will be in both Van's and Lycoming's booths on Monday morning. If you are lucky, you may be able to snag one on Sunday.

I don't recall if there were any restrictions on international shipping.

The deal will eventually make it to Van's website, but that make take a few days.

bob

Hi Paul,

The OEM bundled price Van offers is a very good deal. But suggest you give Van’s a call or e-mail to find out for sure what you’ll be saving by waiting for an AirShowSpecial.

I found that the wording on these AirShow Ads can be misleading. In the past the $1K savings was the everyday bundled price, not in addition to, as the ad suggested. Lycoming ships all their engines with free long term prep anyway. So the AirShowSpecial savings amounts to Free Shipping for engine only, not the prop, which is still a good deal (might not apply international?).

And we like to give Van's our business whenever we can.

pk

Engines

2 years ago I was the first one in monday am at OSH when the doors were opened to the big hangar. Mahlon hadnt had enough coffee and was not overly impressed I was so fired up at opening bell. I knew exactly what I wanted (done all my hopework and pricing) and he wrote it up...they had a few SPECIALS...that magically where exactly what I had it mind. The savings more than paid for my trip and some other neat toys. Be early, go see Mahlon and live happy for many years. :D

2 years ago I was the first one in monday am at OSH when the doors were opened to the big hangar. Mahlon hadnt had enough coffee and was not overly impressed I was so fired up at opening bell. I knew exactly what I wanted (done all my hopework and pricing) and he wrote it up...they had a few SPECIALS...that magically where exactly what I had it mind. The savings more than paid for my trip and some other neat toys. Be early, go see Mahlon and live happy for many years. :D

Unfortunately, neither Mattituck or Barrett are selling new Lycoming kits anymore.

It's been a couple years since I shopped and bought my IO-360. But when I looked at both price and warranty - as well as the experience of other local builders, I chose Aerosport Power. Unlike some others, their warranty Started At First Flight - vs x months after the purchase date. Many friends had their warranty period begin quite some time before their engine went into service. I don't know what the deals are today - but I can say that I (and many other builders on our field) are Very Happy with Bart & Sue at Aerosport power. You might want to look at them too.

Back