What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ROTAX Mandatory SB 912-073-UL

I looked at this and either my brain isn?t working properly today or it?s incomplete... it refers to itself at the bottom and a section 1.2 which isn?t present. It also doesn?t indicate what number the replacement part is ....

Or am I missing something ?

I?m glad I?m not the only one who is confused....
My engine is in the applicability list.

The SB for the certified engines has the complete instructions and part number. The SB is available from the Rotax owners website.

Further confusion...my engine serial number is within the effected range but my carbs are not. But it says: ?if you meet one of the criteria ?

P/N 945786

Anyone have a source for the new circlip P/N 945786? Not listed at the usual Rotax parts suppliers (LEAF, Lockwood, CPS).
Thanks

CPS has the parts in stock. And Rotax Owner has a free video showing how to perform the SB.

I just ordered in-stock parts as follows:

Leading Edge Air Foil (2) SKU: 945 786 Circlip $3.84
Aircraft Spruce (2) O-Ring 2,5x1,5-N $6.40

Did you do it yourself?

According to the SB description and the YouTube video that SB doesn't look to be that difficult.
However, I only have a 912/914 line maintenance certificate and I am unsure if I should do it myself or better to let it be to a professional.
Any recommendations, experience or tipps?
Did any of you perform this SB yourself w/o heavy maintenance cert. or support?

Does one need to perform a Carb Sync after compliance with the SB? There is no mention of performing one in the SB or the video.

Looks like the toughest part is getting the locktited screw plug out. Probably need heat and must beware of damaging the rubber diaphragm.

This looks like a pretty simple procedure. In fact, I don't think that it will be necessary to remove the carbs to do it on our RV-12s, although I have not removed the cowl top to check. So, without disturbing the throttle cables, carb balance is probably optional. I'm sure that we will see some posts from folks who complete the SB...........Tom

Well, I spoke too soon about the circlips being available. CPS sent me the wrong parts. In following up, it seems they won't be available for another month or so. LEAF says the same.

My experience with SB 912-073. I purchased the new clips through LEAF last week. Overall installation of the clips was pretty simple, but did require disconnecting the choke cable to lift the chamber top off the carburetor assembly (step 4). I did not need to remove or loosen the throttle cable. After reassembly I checked the carb balance and idle speed. Both were slightly off and needed to be reset.
Barry

I'm confused..... Vans SB 19-07-29 refers to 912ULS engines and 3 number serial ranges, of which I am in the range of the first line. (6785559). Then I go to the Rotax Bulletin 912-073-UL and it makes no reference to 912ULS models, only 912A, F, and S Certified Models using Carburettors P/N 892500, 892505, 892530, 892535 and 914 series with P/N 892520 and 892525 carburettors. Can anyone tell me if any of these P/N carburettors are fitted to 912ULS engines?

I'm confused..... Vans SB 19-07-29 refers to 912ULS engines and 3 number serial ranges, of which I am in the range of the first line. (6785559). Then I go to the Rotax Bulletin 912-073-UL and it makes no reference to 912ULS models, only 912A, F, and S Certified Models using Carburettors P/N 892500, 892505, 892530, 892535 and 914 series with P/N 892520 and 892525 carburettors. Can anyone tell me if any of these P/N carburettors are fitted to 912ULS engines?

Hmmmm I think I just answered my own question. The 912ULS Parts Catalogue says in section 73-00-00 page 2 that one each 892530 and 892535 are fitted to 912ULS. Now I guess I need to check the S/N's of my Carbs.

Thanks for putting me straight MMillar. I didn't realise there were separate SB's for Uncertified/Certified. I will watch for that in the future. I will get my Carb S/N's this weekend and see if i fit into the S/N range.

Back