What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Artificial Horizon on G3x MFD?

MED

Well Known Member
Is it possible to display the artificial horizon on the mfd of a two-screen G3x system when two pilots are flying? I understand it will display on the mfd if the pfd fails.

The G3X can be set up for split screen mode on the MFD to show the PFD also.

The settings are in the installation manual.

I am assuming it is possible, but I have searched both the installation and operation manuals without success. Does anyone have a page or section reference to help me find it? Thanks in advance. :confused:

Figured it out with help from a friend: You set up the artificial horizon display on the MFD using the MFD. Was trying to do it from the PFD . . . Doh! I guess everyone else already knew this. :eek:

You can also jumper the second screen so that you have two PFDs... It's buried in the installation manual somewhere. The advantage of doing this is that you can have two full screen PFDs.

And as mentioned, you can set up the MFD so that in split screen, one half is PFD. That's what I've got now, with the jumper solution to come.

You can also jumper the second screen so that you have two PFDs... It's buried in the installation manual somewhere. The advantage of doing this is that you can have two full screen PFDs.

If and when anyone finds the section in Installation Manual, could they kindly post it?
I can never find anything in those manuals. I will look as well and post iypt if I can find it.

Also, can anyone think of any disadvantage to doing this jumper reconfiguration?

PS If we post the Section rather tan page number, it will be easier to find in future revisions of manual, as page number changes.

Last edited:
Maybe you can wire the manual reversion switch to pin 25 on your MFD. It just goes from open to ground using a two pole switch. That way you can make your MFD a PFD at will.

As mentioned above, you can wire a switch to connect the reversion input on the display to ground which will force it to show all primary data all the time (PFD and EIS).

Alternately, you can setup the MFD to show a PFD window. To do this, on the MFD, select Menu, Menu, Setup, Display.

On a GDU 470, set Full PFD/MFD Toggle to "Enabled"
On a GDU 460, set MFD Split Screen Page to "PFD"

To show the PFD on the GDU 470, press the PFD button on the top corner of the display.
To show the PFD on the GDU 460, press the SPLIT button on the top corner of the display

Thanks,
Levi

Back