What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How do you know you are getting OLD

bret

Well Known Member
When you send the kids off for a good time out on the town, so we can have a peacefully night at home, on VAF and watching movies with my honey. P.S Happy New Year!

When you get a monthly Social Security check and get a free hunting and fishing license:)...in Georgia, anyway.

Happy '12,

When you celebrate the new year with the folks on Atlantic Standard Time so that you can go to bed at 10pm Central time.

Two things yesterday that made me feel old.
1. Got my AARP memebership request in the mail.
2. There were only 20% of the people left to toast at midnight at our yearly airport News Years Eve Hanger Party. Also had two bands, one ragtime and one a 7 piece brass orchestra both playing hits from the 20-40s.

A most obvious point is when you begin to wonder who is looking back at you in the mirror. You feel young but don't look it at all.

When you spend six months dreading the crouching in the baggage compartment to remove and replace all those screws at the annual

Maybe

When you don't want to go to bed at night and you are unreasonably glad to see each new day.

Bob Axsom

How about......

When you can't remember the last time you stayed up 'til Mid-Night on New Year's Eve!

when

When you are laying in bed at 10:55 central time watching TV waiting for the ball to drop in NY and you fall asleep.

Happy New Year to all our RV friends. We flew the kids and grand kid to lunch at the Hard 8 BBQ on Friday. Expect to get out this week as the forecast in N TX looks great for the week.

When it takes 400mg of Ibuprofen and a 2-hour nap to get you through standing up in the gara... er... shop for only 6 hours of build time.:mad:

Old - not

You are old when you begin to use your 'advanced age' as an excuse for ????? Or when you begin sentences by saying 'I'm xxx years old and bla, bla. Or you misspell a word on the VAF and you don' give a dxxm.

I'm never going to get 'old'.;)

You are getting old ...

...when checking this site multiple times a day is the most passionate part of the day!

A most obvious point is when you begin to wonder who is looking back at you in the mirror. You feel young but don't look it at all.

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend "That's us in 10 years."

He said, "That's a mirror, stupid!

When the young fellas in the Fire Dept. refer to you and the other guy your age, as Waldorf and Stadler from the Muppet Show. :mad:

You can lie and convince yourself that you are really not that old, but when that Medicare Card comes in the mail, the jigs up folks. Dan

When you have to ask your 10 year old son to read a part number for you because you can't find your cheaters;)

When your not sure if you torqued the shoulder harness rear attach bolts.
With torque wrench in hand, wiggle back into the narrowing space and get a leg cramp, after a short time you realize with the building interest shown by your spouse that it may be days before you are rescued.

How about...

... before announcing your take off intentions on unicom and you have to check the sectional for the name of your home airport?

Well I have absolutely no idea what you old guys are talking about...

:cool:

No really, I don't...

:eek:

So would somebody please remind me what this thread is about? (ahem) :D

Cheers,
Bob

PS: I'd like to point out that the guy starting this thread looks purty dern young to be talking about this kinda thing...Bret! :p

When you get frusterated as to where the wrench is that you were just using.

On the way home from the hanger you realize it was in your back pocket all the time.

You may be considered old

When you think old is 10 years older than your present age no matter what your present age is.

I recently attended my 50th high school reunion. When my wife and I entered the ballroom the first words out of my mouth were, " Hey look, all of my friends parents are here."

Advice from my 101 year old uncle: "Die young, as late as possible"

I gave that some thought last week as I was putting a shiny new 1st class medical in my wallet next to my Medicare card. Life is good!

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

When you keep going back to the toolbox at the back of the hangar for your tools, forgetting that now that it's flying, you pulled all the tools for maintenance up to the front of the hangar to reduce the walking around the airplane:D

I invented a new word for that: Destinesia. Applies equally to trying to drive home to where you used to live and going to the drawer for the cutlery where it used to be.

I'm with Mel...I'm doing my best not to grow up, no matter how old I am!

Jeremy

On the up side...Someone asked Betty White how she stays in such great shape. She answered " I live in a three story house and have a terrible memory!":D

Jeremy

Cutting down trees and splitting rounds for fire wood use to be fun, now it is painful, and takes 2 days to recover.

You know you are getting OLD:

When life is simple enough that you get up and look out the window seeing good enough weather to fly. Then you call your list of co-pilots and just go out and fly. Simple...

Back