What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vx Aviation Products now Available Directly from Aircraft Extras

vlittle

Well Known Member
Aircraft Extras Inc., and Vx Aviation have entered into a distribution agreement in which all of Vx Aviation?s products will be distributed by Aircraft Extras.

This agreement will reduce shipping time and cost, and give customers broader access to an extensive line of innovative products. Aircraft Extras is located centrally in Columbus, Ohio, and Vx Aviation is located near Vancouver, BC Canada.

The founders of the two organizations are both RV builders and engineers. Many of the innovative products developed or marketed by them were developed for use in RVs, but have applications in most amateur-built/experimental aircraft.

Many of the builders who frequent vansairforce.net or the aeroelectric-list at matronics.com are familiar with Rich Meske (Aircraft Extras) and Vern Little (Vx Aviation) from postings or as customers of their products.

Aircraft Extras now markets Vx Aviation?s external AoA indicator for Dynon EFIS systems, an audio bus for Sigtronics intercoms, annunciator controllers and wiring accessories for the Rocky Mountain engine monitor.

In addition, Aircraft Extras sells Trutrak Flight Systems autopilots, systems for flap positioning, trim control, fuel and oil level warning,, plus various useful add-ons, enhancements, accessories and the famous ?Meske Tip-Up/Slider? modification kit for RVs.

A complete list of Aircraft Extras products is available at www.aircraft-extras.com.
The Vx Aviation home page is www.vx-aviation.com.

For more information:

Rich Meske, Aircraft Extras
Vern Little, Vx Aviation

Thank-you
Vern Little

External AoA

Hi Vern,
Read through some old threads regarding taking Dynon's AoA signal to a glareshield display. If possible, I'd like to see what is needed to build something since it seems the hardware is no longer available.

Thanks,

Hi Vern,
Read through some old threads regarding taking Dynon's AoA signal to a glareshield display. If possible, I'd like to see what is needed to build something since it seems the hardware is no longer available.

Thanks,

Well, my past has caught up with me! 15 years ago, seems like a simpler time when these newfangled EFIS systems were introduced.

Good news on this front. www.flyOnSpeed.org is providing some support with my energy display that was developed for the commercially available M5Stack display.

Better news is that I have a bigger, brighter display in the works, documented on the Arduino thread on this site. I don't sell anything, but I am working with a third party to get these out for folks who want to use them. One of the pages on the screen is an AOA.

Thing are changing rapidly at my end. Expect a whole lot more information in the following weeks.

A bit of a teaser, though. You can buy an M5Stack Fire unit, load my software, charge up the internal battery and stick it on your glareshield. It will connect wirelessly to a SkyView and give you AOA. The screen is not very bright, but adequate for AOA indication.

Just remember to recharge it.

V

Back