What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL and Vans transducers

638RS

Well Known Member
Has anyone using MGL equipment been successful using Vans oil pressure or fuel pressure senders with the MGL devices? If so, were you able to use them as VDO senders or did they require a user calibration?

Did you get an answer?

Richard, did you get or find an answer for this question? If yes, can you say what you found out?
I have Dynon
Oil Pressure 0-150 PSI
Oil Temp Lycoming
Fuel Pressure 0-80 PSI

Thanks
Cecil Jones

I never got a response from anyone, however after some research I was able to use Van's senders for oil press, and fuel press. The Lycoming oil temp worked also. Van's oil and fuel pressure senders are VDO senders.

PM me your email address and I can send you my ADC calibration values to use as a starting point.

Hi All,

Just about any resistive transducer can be used. The range of installation points in the MGL setup will accomidate just about any transducer you can find to use.

I purchased all my transducers including EGT and CHT from GRT. I found them at the time to have the best price overall for all that I needed. Sandy is very friendly and only too happy to assist.

John Higgins
RV9 N194JH

Back