- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:32 PM

Default Aircraft bluebook for RV-12 E-LSA

Does anyone have a source to look up the value of a -12? My property tax bill is valuing mine at $8,000 more than I paid for it 1 year ago and I have added 200 hours to the engine / airframe. I don't know if they are in error or not. I can file an appeal for $45 but that might be a waste. That is my reason for the bluebook question.

AOPA Vref does not cover "E"-LSA. Online aircraft bluebook does not have "Vans" listed.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:37 PM

I gave our tax assessor my insurance hull value as evidence of my perceived value for my aircraft. They accepted that value.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:12 PM

I think that many assessors do not understand the various types of RV-12s that are in use: ELSA, EAB, non-standard engine, factory-built SLSA, etc. The assessors likely lump all of the various RV-12 values together and come up with average valuations. The tax assessor people are not generally aware of such important market factors and may not be aviation savvy. When I submit the annual tax status form I endeavor to make clear the exact type of RV-12 I have as well as a clear description of the current used condition of the aircraft (e.g., engine and airframe times, exterior, interior, avionics, etc.). Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't -- YMMV.

Ps -- Bob Y's suggestion above may be a useful addition.
EAA #23982 (circa 1965) - EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor; CFI - A&I
RV-12 E-LSA #120496 (SV w/ AP and ADS-B 2020) - N124DH flying since March 2014 - 1,060+ hours (as of Aug 2021)!
VAF donation through June 2022.