What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti-Splat-Aero This Weekend

PerfTech

Well Known Member
...We will be attending the "Chino Airshow" this weekend in Chino, Ca. and I have had requests to bring several Ultimate Gust Locks to their buyers and deliver them at the show, If you are planing to attend this world class event and want me to bring one for you, or any of our other items, please let me know! I have room for about 70 lb. of our products in my RV-9. Please stop by and introduce yourself as we are always thrilled to meet other RV enthusiasts and talk airplanes. Best all, Allan...:D

I installed my new gust lock from Antisplataero in my -9A today for the first time. I had watched the video twice to insure I was doing it right because I couldn't see how this thing would work with a simple angle on the stick and the fork on the rudder pedals. But with a 60 day money back guarantee, I figured, what the heck, the other items associated with the nose gear worked well so this probably will too. After installing I still quite understand exactly how it works but it does. With a few adjustments to the length of the rods by changing the matching hole alignments and getting the small pin inserted, it fit as advertised. I really suggest you make only a small mark on the inner tube for first fitting reference, because it took 3 different adjustments to get it just right. Additionally, you must lock the device to the stick first, just under the stick grip due to the angle it is welded to the tube. If you do as I did the first attempt you will find you can't get the pin through the two holes behind the stick. Next I extended the tube until the reference mark showed on the inner tube and inserted the smaller pin. Then bend the device upward at fork attachment and place the forks in position so that as you straighten the bend the forks engage the rudder pedals. The last action is to simply straighten the device and slide the locking ring into place. You do this by lowering the lever and pushing with you foot until it is straight enough to allow the locking ring to slide into place with little effort. It took me about 5 minutes to figure all this out and after a couple practice fittings, I could get it in place in less than 30 seconds from start to finish. It really looks professionally made, very "airplane" looking piece of equipment. It folds up very nicely to probably less than a foot long and 4 or 5 inches wide and is very lightweight. I called Allan with what I thought was a problem and he said if I wanted, I could make a slight bend and not to worry, if I messed it up he would replace it at no charge. I decided not to bother, but I think that's pretty good confidence in your product to make that offer. I expect the gust lock to last as long as the aircraft, it is made that well. I recommend this product to anyone who wants a quality 1-piece control lock that fits inside the cockpit that is a snap to install and remove and stows away behind the seat back. It is light enough to Velcro to the back of the seat back if needed. Dan

Nose job please

Allan, please bring a "nose job" for me. I'll be there tomorrow (Saturday). Thanks!

-Roee

ASA @ Chino Air Show

.... The Chino Ca. Airshow was just great and the weather was perfect.
On Saturday, I set up a small table and laid out some of our products for the RV guys to evaluate, wow! They bought everything I had with me (16 Gust locks, and I took orders for another 20 gust locks. There were about 75 RVs in our area and many builders with airplanes in process. I enjoyed the show and talking about some of our new products, soon to be released with everyone. What a great bunch of guys and gals. Anyone who hasn't been to this airshow and the "Planes of Fame Museum" at Chino should put it on their bucket list as things that they need to do. Regards all, Allan...:D

rats now there's three things I need to buy from your website. :)

Now will you invent a simple headrest I can slide in and out? Fixed would be bad because it would restrict baggage access.

Good stuff !

Gust Lock

I fit my lock the other day and found the pilots stick to be way larger than the fitting. However, it did fit the co-pilot stick just barely. I may sand down the two lower plastic buttons do give a tad more room for pin insertion. I'm glad it did fit as I really want to use it. I suppose the stick fitting could be reworked if needed. My 6A was built in 99 and perhaps the sticks were different size then.
The product is great and real quality and looks like it will do the job and the nice thing is it's one piece.

Good job guys.

Lee

I fit my lock the other day and found the pilots stick to be way larger than the fitting. However, it did fit the co-pilot stick just barely. I may sand down the two lower plastic buttons do give a tad more room for pin insertion. I'm glad it did fit as I really want to use it. I suppose the stick fitting could be reworked if needed. My 6A was built in 99 and perhaps the sticks were different size then.
The product is great and real quality and looks like it will do the job and the nice thing is it's one piece.

Good job guys.

Lee

... All the sticks on the pilot side of your model are 1" Dia. tubing and the end of the "Ultimate Gust Lock" fits it perfectly. It is necessary to attach the stick end first as shown in the accompanying photos. This fit is very important and is one of the features that make it work so well and keeps it from moving up or down on the stick. Put the stick pin in as shown below and it will work beautifully. Thanks, Allan ..:D

Ultimate Gust Lock PIREP

I ordered an Ultimate Gust Lock a couple of weeks ago.

Had a trip last week, and left my 7A out in the Bay Area afternoon winds for a week. The gust lock did absolutely fine!

I was initially concerned that my shorter stick + tosten grip wouldn't give it enough room, but I could still get it high enough on the stick to work OK.

Quick to install, small, light. Just what I needed.

Highly recommended!

Back