- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Default TruTrak troubleshooting

I got my servo back from TruTrak and re-installed it today. They corrected the locking issue and explained how to zero the gyro in calibration mode which worked great (not in my manual). In the setup mode it turns left and right exactly as it should. The remaining problem is the pitch direction. In calibration mode when dialing up a decent it try?s to climb. When dialing in a climb it try?s to descend. Both TruTrak and the manual say to either add or remove a jumper which in my case was remove (just cut the jumper wire). Easy enough however no change. Servo still runs in the opposite direction of the command.

Although I don?t think it?s an issue, the only mod I have made was adding an extra 18? of wire to the harness provided by Stein. I can call TruTrak on Monday but curious if anyone else had experienced this issue.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 AM

Pat,

The only thing I can come up with is that your jumper wasn't making contact originally, thus cutting it did nothing. Try reinstalling the jumper.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Lucas, how do you the the aforementioned calibration?
N4IDH

Construction Log
?The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.?

?Mark Twain
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonD View Post
Lucas, how do you the the aforementioned calibration?
Gyro sets are done by holding the knob in with the AP disengaged. On a DII or Sorcerer it will show GYRO SET on the display while you're holding the knob.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrutrakTech View Post
Pat,

The only thing I can come up with is that your jumper wasn't making contact originally, thus cutting it did nothing. Try reinstalling the jumper.
I talked with Stein this morning who tells me he has seen this one before. It seems that when you go to Radio Shack aviation and buy a completed cable that I used as an extension to the cable provided byStein that computers do not use all the pins and that should be the problem. Stein is putting a new cable in the mail today that should solve this issue.