Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Default Prop trailing edge clearance

I'm mounting my cowling and it looks like the propellor trailing edge will be very close to the intake scoops. I have 3/8" clearance for the spinner to cowling and 1/4" from the prop trailing edge to the front of the cowl. It's the new composite prop from Hartzel that I bought from Van's and I'm also using the smooth cowl. I used air pressure(150psi) in the front governor fitting to pitch the prop to coarse(you can hear it hit the stops) so I'm confident it won't pitch any further. I was just wondering if this is to close?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8346/8...eac10236_c.jpg

[ed. Edson, it looks like you closed the thread when you created it (so I re-opened it). Assuming since you are asking for input you want people to be able to reply. br,dr]

Thanks dr
Eddy
http://www.hattonflyingcircus.com
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Last edited by edsong : 12-06-2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Post Thankyou