- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2012, 11:32 PM

Quick reply before hitting the sackaroo. Was going to try to post more details, but after manning-up to taxi as the Silver heat alternate this morning (Bronze heat winner normally does that, but he was the Pace pilot for this Silver heat, so the honor fell to me), then having my starter solenoid be bad, a long maintenance day began. During the solenoid replacement, we noticed that my oil cooler mounting ears had failed (a double-wide on the rear baffle). I had really beefed up that area in the new baffles I built this winter, and it looks like I succesfully moved the failure point to the ears on the cooler. So I guess sometimes solenoids fail for a reason, eh! New cooler on, with .063 angle doublers riveted to the ears for strength. Really appreciate Bob's help and that of my crew chief WC Raven Tommy Ishii in getting that done. All buttoned up, and ready to rumble tomorrow (well, hoping the cooler doesn't rumble any more! ).

It has been very fun so far! Four RVs and a Rocket in Sport Class this year (Mark Frederick's F1, Steve Senegal's Super 8, Tim Cone's 8, Dave Casey's 3, and my Super 6). More and more friends are coming by to say hi, and its going to be a great weekend ahead, so please do come visit us at the Sport Class Hangar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Axsom View Post
We had a good day in the Sport Bronze group (Our Pilot Bob Mills refers to them as the Bronze Gods). Bob Axsom
A VERY tongue-in-cheek comment! When the "class" of the class has 100 plus mph on ya (or 150 in the case of Jeff Lavelle), you find ways to have a little fun on the side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Axsom View Post
My cable is at home that connects my camera to the computer. Someone else is going to have to fill that void I'm affraid.

Bob Axsom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Bob,
See if you can get one of those camera thingys from Rocket.
At least you should get a good smile.

Be Safe out there.
I'm bringing one for ya tomorrow outta my drawer full of such things Bob!

Cheers! (And wish us luck!)(And see ya at the R-Cubed BBQ!)

Bob
Race 43
Georgetown, TX
President/Sport 49, Sport Class Air Racing
Trustee, Formation Flying Inc (FFI)

Last edited by rvmills : 09-13-2012 at 11:35 PM.