What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick Bahama trip Recomendations

pa38112

Well Known Member
My wife and I are thinking of a quick 2 day trip to the Bahamas. Most of the trips I read about are for a week or more, but what would you suggest for a two day trip? I was thinking maybe Bimini one night and Great Harbor Cay another. - We have an 8 hour flight to get there and back, so My wife does not want to spend more time flying to the furthest islands. Any suggestions on where to stay and what to do on these two islands, or is there a better "Close" island to visit? - (The two days are island time, we will spend a day getting there and a day back)

If you've never been to Bimini, you could easily spend two days just there. It's a couple of incredible little islands with lots of history. It is far from developed, but it's also very safe. If you can get on a boat, fishing this time of year is great (not so sure about charters though, we always take our own boat). PM me if you have any questions about Bimini, I could drone on and on about this place!

You might try landing at Marsh Harbor and taking the ferry to Elbow Key. Marsh has fuel and tie downs.

Treasure Cay is only an hour from Ft Pierce. They don't have fuel, but you won't need it. Great quiet and low key town. You can rent a condo or they have a hotel. You can either take a day trip or overnight at New Plymouth on Green Turtle Cay. The Big Event, Pizza Night, is Thursday night in Treasure Cay, where everybody gathers. They have boat rentals as well.

Exuma

If I was just going for a couple days i would hit exuma. Port of entry, fuel, lodging close by, use Strachan as fbo, odyssey is very pricey.

GO on VRBO and hit up a couple of the property owner and ask if any will do just two nights.

There are wonderful places like staniel cay, blackpoint, hawksnest on crooked island to try but two days isnt enough. You need lodging and beach close to airport of entry to so you are efficient, with customs and on the beach with a cold Kalik in short order.

Good luck, a full Canadian invasion force is heading there for first week of may. Let us us know how you make out.

Last edited:
The Abacos are one of my favorite places in the world. Fly into Marsh Harbour and take the ferry over to Hope Town. Stay in Hope Town Lodge for a couple of days. Beach, site see, drink and eat. Plenty to do in Hope Town for a couple of days. A golf cart is great for seeing the rest of the island.
http://www.hopetownlodge.com/
We regularly fly over from Orlando for a weekend. More convenient than the Keys for us. If you decide on that let me know and I can give more details.

Back