What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Sun shade?

Shade

Go to pep boys and check out the shades with suction cups. I will have to check the brand name later

RV 4 SUN SHADE

I SAW AN RV4 WITH A KROGER TYPE SUN SHADE AT OSHKOSH THIS YEAR HOWEVER COULDN'T LOCATE THE OWNER. IT APPEARED TO BE MADE JUST FOR AN RV4. PERHAPS THEY WILL READ THIS RESPONSE AND PROVIDE THE INFO. IN MY 4, I PURCHASED THE STATIC CLING FOR CARS, CUT IT TO FIT AND THEN STUCK IT UP AND IT WORKS GREAT. MUST HAVE A CLEAN CANOPY OR IT WON'T STICK. I DID CUT IT INTO TWO HALF'S, A L & R SIDE. WHEN INSTALLING I KEPT IT WET AND USED A CREDIT CARD TO MAKE IT CONFORM TO THE CANOPY. I PUT IT UP IN THE SUMMER AND TAKE IT OUT IN THE WINTER. HOPE THIS IS SOME HELP. DEKE

Last time I checked with them, the Koger sunshade folks were thinking of an RV-4 sun shade. I bet an RV-8 shade could be easily modified. Especially if you know of someone with minor sewing skills.

Cheap Sunglasses...

The good old baby stick-on tint works great and doesn't limit headroom or visibility...and is cheap! I personally fly above 5000' alot and wear a cap...

Rob Ray
former RV4
former F16
Current Rocketeer

Back