What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

12 stuff

SportAvServ

Well Known Member
I need to ax you 12 guys, what fuel pressure do you get with only the electric pump running, and what do you hear in your headset when the stall horn goes off?. Has anyone flown without the electric pump running?.

Thanks,

RT

I need to ax you 12 guys, what fuel pressure do you get with only the electric pump running, and what do you hear in your headset when the stall horn goes off?. Has anyone flown without the electric pump running?.

Thanks,

RT

Old D180 with VDO fuel Pressure sensor- Anything more than Zero
D180 or Skyview- a Loud Annoying Tone:D
Many do without any problems but I dont so Ill deferr to those who do;)

Thanks,

RT

So, would I be correct in figuring that Frank's plane is now flying???

I put a switch on my pump. I routinely fy on just the mechanical pump. Others on the forum say they do too.

Thanks Jet Guy, this one is the 1000, I get 1.3 psi.
Mike I will stop by tomorrow.
I like the switch, but it's not licensed yet.
Thanks, All Ya All

That would be before engine start. Running the electric pump only I think I get slightly above 2psi. With the engine running at cruise and the electric pump off I read 4.4 psi with a full tank which drops to 3.4 at 10 gallons left.

Back