Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2020, 01:05 AM

Default I?d like to see an RV-10 near Portland

My wife has given me the go-ahead to start a plane, and I?m pretty sure that I want to build an RV-10. The only problem is that I?ve never actually seen one up close. Van?s is currently shut down for demo flights, and I was wondering if anyone in the area had a completed -10 that I could check out (just on the ground). I?d just like to make sure the plane is reasonably comfortable before embarking on a big expense of time and money. Thanks for the consideration.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:44 PM

I was between a 10 and 14 and the wife and I went to Sun N Fun to check them out. Until then, she had only flown with me in a 172. We sat in the 14 (which isn't exactly a "small" plane especially when compared to the width of a 172) then hopped in the 10. As soon as the doors were closed my wife looked at me and said "You're building a 10" which is all I needed to hear. As soon as you see/sit in a 10 you're going to fall in love.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:51 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Default Welcome to VAF

Matt, welcome aboard the good ship VAF

Head west a bit, then south on 5.

Factory is in Aurora. Probably need to call first and see if they are showing planes.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 05-16-2020, 08:15 PM

Default RV-10

I did my flight training at Aurora and I?ll be building the plane there once it gets too big for the garage. The factory is still closed for demos. I?ve got a couple of feelers out through some friends in the area.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:53 PM

There are two at Independence Airpark near Salem. Send a private message with your phone. I am sure we can get you a seat trial.

Bruce Patton
HP-18 5596S flying since '83
RV-10 996S flying since 2014, quick build wing and slow build fues., - dual Skyviews with complete system, two radio and not much else. Interior completely finished with Zolatone. CF plenum. 1624 lbs, FLYING after a 21.5 month build.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:00 AM

Default Several nice examples

I am an owner of a -10 I built in 2014 and I would be happy to show it to you. I am based at the Hillsboro airport within 40 minutes of West Linn. There are two other beautiful -10?s on the field. There is also a gorgeous -10 based at KUAO which is closer to you and I will pass this thread onto the owner to see if he is willing to show his off. All 4 examples are high end, IFR equipped examples with all the exterior and interior accouterments you could ask for in a -10 so I think you will see how comfortable they can be.

I?ll send you my contact info via private msg.
Portland, OR
Old 05-17-2020, 08:49 AM

I believe Dave is referring to my RV10 at Aurora, or I at least hope he is. I?d be happy to show you around the plane and let you take a look. Send me a PM if you are interested. Details and photos on my blog which you can access in my signature.
Flying - AKA Still Tinkering
Build Project Site
Old 05-17-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieWaffles View Post
I believe Dave is referring to my RV10 at Aurora, or I at least hope he is. I?d be happy to show you around the plane and let you take a look. Send me a PM if you are interested. Details and photos on my blog which you can access in my signature.
The problem with looking at Mark's beautiful airplane is that the bar is set so high - it will be difficult, if not impossible, to come anywhere close. At least that has been the issue for me. The good news is that Mark's plane provides a goal to shoot for.

Locust Grove, GA
DA20-A1 "Princess Amelia" - gone home to Amelia Island
RV-7A Phase 2 (Honored to be Van's "Miss July" 2021)
RV-10 under construction at Synergy Air South
Old 05-17-2020, 12:44 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the offers. I sent out a few PMs. Looking forward to it.

Matt
Old 05-17-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
The problem with looking at Mark's beautiful airplane is that the bar is set so high - it will be difficult, if not impossible, to come anywhere close. At least that has been the issue for me. The good news is that Mark's plane provides a goal to shoot for.
There’s no doubt that there are some beautiful airplanes out there. But that doesn’t have to be your goal. If you prefer the utility of a pickup over a Mercedes, you can have that in a -10. The weight of a fancy interior, great paint, air conditioning, etc. all add up, as do the dollars. The choices are yours, which is one of the huge advantages of building your own plane.
If you want to come down to the SF Bay area I can show you the pickup version.